Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Optimized mysql settings for CentOS 6 64bit

2011-10-05 14:54:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Optimized mysql settings for CentOS 6 64bit
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 14:51:57 -0400
On 10/05/11 09:37, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> I've been using non-batch insertion with postgres (following your dare,
> I think, Phil) for about a year. Backups are only about 8TB, but it
> works extremely well for us.

So, I just built bacula-5.1.14 from git, with batch disabled.  And we'll
see how it goes.

Side note:  It was unreasonably difficult to get it built correctly on
Solaris 10.  I couldn't get a working 64-bit build at all, either with
gcc or with Sun Studio, and the only way I could get a correctly linked
32-bit bacula-dir was to temporarily chmod the MySQL 64-bit lib
directory 000.  I'm reasonably certain this wasn't Bacula's fault.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.