Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Win32 FD / Write error sending N bytes to Storage daemon

2011-06-10 21:51:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Win32 FD / Write error sending N bytes to Storage daemon
From: Mike Seda <maseda AT stanford DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:48:32 -0700
I just encountered a similar error in RHEL 6 using 5.0.3 (on the server
and client) with Data Spooling enabled:
10-Jun 02:06 srv084 JobId 43: Error: bsock.c:393 Write error sending
65536 bytes to Storage daemon:srv010.nowhere.us:9103: ERR=Broken pipe
10-Jun 02:06 srv084 JobId 43: Fatal error: backup.c:1024 Network send
error to SD. ERR=Broken pipe

The way that I made it go away was to decrease "Maximum Spool Size" from
200G to 2G. I also received the same error at 100G and 50G. I ended up
just disabling data spooling completely on this box since small spool
sizes almost defeat the point of spooling at all.

I've also been seeing some sporadic tape drive errors recently, too. So
that may be part of the problem. I will be running the vendor-suggested
diags on the library (Dell TL4000 with 2 x LTO-4 FC drives) in the next
couple of days.

Plus, this is a temporary SD instance that I will eventually migrate to
new hardware and add large/fast SAN disk to for spooling. This should
explain the reason for the small spool size settings... This box only
has a 2 x 300 GB drive SAS 10K RAID 1.

It'd be nice to see if anyone else has received this error on a similar
HW/SW configuration.

Mike