Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Win32 FD / Write error sending N bytes to Storage daemon

2011-06-07 05:43:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Win32 FD / Write error sending N bytes to Storage daemon
From: Yann Cézard <yann.cezard AT univ-pau DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:40:32 +0200
Le 06/06/2011 19:56, Josh Fisher a écrit :
> Try setting "Maximum Network Buffer Size" to 32768 in both the storage
> daemon and client configs. It looks like something doesn't like the
> default 65536 buffer size.
>
> Also, a backup job can run a long time, and Bacula keeps the TCP
> connections open the entire time. Make sure a switch isn't timing out a
> TCP connection when it shouldn't. You may also want to look up the
> "Heartbeat Interval" setting in the Bacula docs.
Thanks for your answer Josh.
But I had already tried that, the Network Buffer Size has no effect on
the error. I just tried again to be sure it was well tested, and :

07-juin 11:24 msadpau-fd JobId 2670: Error:
/home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/lib/bsock.c:393 Write error sending 32768 bytes
to Storage daemon:backuppa:9103: ERR=Input/output error

I also tried to define the Heartbeat Interval (in client/SD/DIR), no effect.
And that's not a surprise, I have a reproductible failing job that fail
in a few minutes, so not a question of a long time backup here.
I don't think any switch is timing out the connection because :
  - I have linux clients on same switch, no problem with them
  - one of the Win32 client is an active directory + file server, never
had network
    problem until now, bacula is the only app that has network problem
with it.
    other win32 clients hosts network services, and no problem so far.

I'll create a test backup server witch bacula 2.4 and see if the problem
occured on the same fileset. The fact is that I never had so much failing
jobs with 2.4, sometimes it happened that jobs failed with network errors,
but it was on very rare occasions, and with distants clients, over networks
that sometimes have problems. Now it's almost systematic, and even on
local network.

Thanks anyway for trying to help, I appreciate that.

Regards,

--
Yann Cézard  -  infrastructures - administrateur systèmes serveurs
Centre de ressources informatiques    -     http://cri.univ-pau.fr