Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula maintenance : Clean Data

2011-06-06 10:19:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula maintenance : Clean Data
From: Jérôme Blion <jerome.blion AT free DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:16:07 +0200
On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:45:24 +0200, Buschini Edouard <moon AT ijaal DOT net>
wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Thank you for you answer.
>
> 2011/6/6 Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
>
>> Buschini Edouard wrote:
>>
>>  But today we have a big problem, we didn't anticipate a growing like
>>  that,
>>> on our FS we are at 97% of space used. It's very problematic. And
since
>>> 1
>>> week I'm working on free more space but it's very complicated with
>>> Bacula.
>>> I've search every where but I didn't find any exploitable answers so
I'm
>>> asking here.
>>> Do you have a prefered method to do the following task :
>>>

>> 1: Can you add more storage?
>>
>> I can but I would like to do some clean up before. Add space disk
> move temporarily the issue :(
>

>> 2: Why not use tape?
>>
> I don't know when I arrived in the company it has already been designed
> like
> that : Dell server with 15kSAS raid10

Hello,

You should set :
 - Maximum Volume Bytes
 - Maximum Volumes
 - Volume Retention
 - Job Retention
 - File Retention
according to the space you can use. Volumes should be recycled then and
will never fill up your filesystem.
If you still don't have enough space, that means:
 - you need to buy some hardware
 - you need to change one (or more) of these parameters to fit your
filesystem.

If you only prune old jobs without modifying your backup strategy, you
will have the same problem in few weeks... or even few days...

HTH.
Jérôme Blion.