Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula maintenance : Clean Data

2011-06-06 08:46:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula maintenance : Clean Data
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Buschini Edouard <moon AT ijaal DOT net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:43:21 +0200
Hello,

W dniu 6 czerwca 2011 13:57 użytkownik Buschini Edouard <moon AT ijaal DOT net> napisał:
Hello Radoslaw

Thank you for your answer.

I have to more questions because I discover a new command in Bconsole : "Prune"

To clean I use set the retention file at 0 days then I log in to Bconsole and "prune client=my_client" after that I select "Files" and finaly 'yes'. Do this action trucate all data associate to my_client ? I've got 115 critical server to backup, I don't want to mess this up :)

Pruning files means that you delete catalog database records about backuped files. It doesn't mean that you reclaim space allocated by a volume. If you want to reclaim a space allocated by volume then you have to purge a volume with proper action on purge setup.