Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Clarification on Exchange plugin

2011-05-26 09:10:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Clarification on Exchange plugin
From: Marc Goujon <marc AT ftuk DOT net>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 13:50:39 +0100
Hello,

I know this might have been asked millions of times before, but I cannot
seem to locate clear information via the archives or the official
documentation and I feel I am almost there.

 From what I have understood, the Exchange plugin is basically that
exchange-fd.dll file. The first question is: is that enough? I ask this
because while reading the archives someone mentioned that bpipe plugin
was needed, however the documentation says "The purpose of the plugin is
to provide an interface to any system program for backup and restore".
So... a plugin requires another plugin? Is bpipe just allowing to
include plugin = "XXXX" expressions in the file sets?

Secondly, my config for the director (a linux machine) says:

FileSet {
   Name = "Exchange"
   #Enable VSS = yes
   Include {

       File = "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft\\Exchange Server\\Mailbox"
       Plugin = "exchange:@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store"

   }

   Exclude {
                 File = "C:\\Program
Files\\Microsoft\\Exchange\\Mailbox\\First Storage Group\\Mailbox
Database.edb"
                 File = "C:\\Program
Files\\Microsoft\\Exchange\\Mailbox\\First Storage Group\\Mailbox
Database.edb"
                 File = "C:\\Program
Files\\Microsoft\\Exchange\\Mailbox\\Second Storage Group\\Public Folder
Database.edb"

                 }
   }

However when my job fails, I get the following error:

sbs-fd Cannot open "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
Server\Mailbox/First Storage Group/Mailbox Database.edb": ERR=The
process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

sbs-fd Cannot open "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
Server\Mailbox/Second Storage Group/Public Folder Database.edb": ERR=The
process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

  Fatal error: /home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/filed/fd_plugins.c:223 Command
plugin "exchange:@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store" requested, but is not
loaded.

There must be something I am missing here, as although those files are
explicitly excluded, they are still causing the error?

Any tips or docs you can point me to would be greatly  appreciated.

marc