Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs from differents clients to the same tape

2011-05-26 08:50:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs from differents clients to the same tape
From: Andrés Yacopino <ayacopino AT acasalud.com DOT ar>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 09:47:07 -0300
I am backing up 7 servers in daily basis, one of the servers take 5
hours to backup (the other 6 take 2 hours), so i want to backup the
large server at the same time i am backuping the others servers.
I have one LTO4 drive, and the backups are running secuencially, one
after another from differents servers to the same tape.
I need to know:

- ¿Is is possible to backup concurrently to the same tape?, i will be
satisfied if two jobs are running at the same time.

I have set up this configuration but the jobs remains to run
secuencially (server files):

bacula-dir.conf:

Director {
  Name = acaiasnew.acasalud.com.ar-dir
  DIRport = 9101
  QueryFile = "/usr/local/bacula/etc/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/usr/local/bacula/var/bacula/working"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
  Password = xxxxx
  Messages = Daemon
}

JobDefs {
  Name = "JobTapeDiario"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Storage = LIBRERIA
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = POOL_DIARIO
  Schedule = "MadrugadaDiario"
  Write Bootstrap = "/usr/local/bacula/var/bacula/working/%c_%n.bsr"
}

Job {
  Name = "BackupAcamailDiario"
  Client = acamail.acasalud.com.ar-fd
  JobDefs = "JobTapeDiario"
  FileSet = "Acamail Set"
  Enabled = True
  Priority = 1
  #Spool Data = yes
}

Job {
  Name = "BackupAcadbDiario"
  Client = acadb.acasalud.com.ar-fd
  JobDefs = "JobTapeDiario"
  FileSet = "Acadb Set"
  Enabled = True
  Priority = 2
}

Job {
  Name = "BackupAcaiasnewDiario"
  Client = acaiasnew.acasalud.com.ar-fd
  JobDefs = "JobTapeDiario"
  FileSet = "Acaiasnew Set"
  Enabled = True
  Priority = 3
}

bacula-sd.conf:

Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = acaiasnew.acasalud.com.ar-sd
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/usr/local/bacula/var/bacula/working"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
}

bacula-fd.conf

FileDaemon {                          # this is me
  Name = acaiasnew.acasalud.com.ar-fd
  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = /usr/local/bacula/var/bacula/working
  Pid Directory = /var/run
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
  Maximum Network Buffer Size = 65536
}