Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Full backup will not be idendtified

2011-05-16 03:26:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Full backup will not be idendtified
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 08:23:32 +0100
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 08:43:51AM +0200, Robert Kromoser wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> In my configuration I have 2 files per client.
> One file contains the storage definition (Archive Device)
> and one file contains the directory directives.
> I use one fileset definition named "SugarCRM_<xxxx>_Fileset" for
> my three backup jobs SugarCRM_xxx_Full, SugarCRM_xxx_Diff
> and SugarCRM_xxx_Incr where xxx is the name of the client.
>
> When I start a Full Backup it will be terminated successfully.
> When I start a Differential or Incremental backup immediate
> following the Full backup then the Full backup won't be identified
> and the Differential or Incremental Backup starts a Full backup again.
>
> Does anyone know this problem?

Does it find the full backup when you start the next job a long time later?

Bacula relies heavily on timestamps to determine the last full backup.
Therefore, a good thing to check is your clock and the times that are getting
written into your database.

You can use this SQL command to get a list of jobs and times:
SELECT JobId,Job,Level,StartTime,EndTime FROM Job;