Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on a mixed Win Ubuntu Lan

2011-04-11 14:44:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on a mixed Win Ubuntu Lan
From: acorn12 <acorn12 AT telus DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:41:45 -0800
On 11/04/2011 1:23 AM, Marcello Romani wrote:
> Il 10/04/2011 01:15, acorn12 ha scritto:
>>>>
>> -----

>>> The Windows installer asks for the director name but doesn't set the
>>> password correctly. Copy the password from XP-fd.conf to the bacula-dir.conf
>> Copying the password did not seem to make a difference.
>> As a test I've installed bacula 5.0.1 bacula-console-qt, bacula-console
>> and bacula-common packages in a VMWare Ubuntu box on WinVista.
>> The director (also 5.0.1) runs on the machine 'geek', not on the local
>> machine.
>>
>> Calling up just bconsole I get only:
>> /user@ubuntu:~$ sudo bconsole
>> Connecting to Director geek:9101
>> user@ubuntu:~$/
>>
>> /user@ubuntu:~$ sudo bconsole -t
>> user@ubuntu:~$/
>>
>> Running BAT gives me the same error and behaves the same in every other
>> way, first it does connect, but then fails with the same error message.
>>
>> So it looks it is not really (or at least not only) a Windows problem!!!
>>
>> bconsole.conf
>> -------------------
>> #
>> # Bacula User Agent (or Console) Configuration File
>> #
>> Director {
>> Name = geek-dir
>> DIRport = 9101
>> address = geek
>> Password = "yveAet993vzsWug3KoZUKjVbdZy0nrSqIqQCFH80rIVS"
>> }
>> -------------------
>> bat.conf
>> -----------------
>> #
>> # Bacula Administration Tool (bat) configuration file
>> #
>> Director {
>> Name = geek-dir
>> DIRport = 9101
>> address = geek
>> Password = "yveAet993vzsWug3KoZUKjVbdZy0nrSqIqQCFH80rIVS"
>> }
>> -----------------
>>
>> --
>> Fight Spam - report it with wxSR
>> http://www.columbinehoney.net/wxSR.shtml

>> Xperia(TM) PLAY
>> It's a major breakthrough. An authentic gaming
>> smartphone on the nation's most reliable network.
>> And it wants your games.
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-sfdev

> I don't have a solution, but some other suggestions...
> In bacula-dir.conf, the Password field must match the one listed in the
> client conf files above.
> Same for Name parameter.
Thank you;
That much seems to check out OK
> In /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf check that DirAddress also reports geek
In /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf I have DirAddress = 127.0.0.1
> Check also that /etc/hosts doesn't contain an entry where the fqdn of
> geek is matched to 127.0.0.1
my /etc/hosts has two entries
127.0.0.1 geek.aww.net geek localhost
127.0.0.1 geek.aww.net Geek

My understanding - which is very soft and unsure - is that that is sort
of expected.
Can you please help me understand why this is not wanted for bacula?
and how I would have to change it to make things work?

TIA