Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on a mixed Win Ubuntu Lan

2011-04-12 22:35:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on a mixed Win Ubuntu Lan
From: acorn12 <acorn12 AT telus DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:32:13 -0800
On 11/04/2011 10:46 PM, Geert Stappers wrote:

>>> In /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf check that DirAddress also reports geek
>> In /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf I have DirAddress = 127.0.0.1
>>> Check also that /etc/hosts doesn't contain an entry where the fqdn of
>>> geek is matched to 127.0.0.1
>> my /etc/hosts has two entries
>> 127.0.0.1 geek.aww.net geek localhost
>> 127.0.0.1 geek.aww.net Geek
>>
>> My understanding - which is very soft and unsure - is that that is sort
>> of expected.
>> Can you please help me understand why this is not wanted for bacula?
> No, can't do. You are asking to explain the high tech fenomen "networking"
>
>> and how I would have to change it to make things work?
> Modify your /etc/hosts into something like
>   127.0.0.1 localhost
>   192.168.144.1 geek.aww.net geek

Than you, both Marcello & Geert;
It does look like a network problem and right now it seems that I have
lost connection altogether to the Ubuntu box, so I guess my best bet is
to restore the whole lot from scratch.
I've spent too much time already in trying to figure out specifically
what and where the problem might be.
After that then I'll decide whether to pick up bacula again or ....

--
Fight Spam - report it with wxSR
http://www.columbinehoney.net/wxSR.shtml