Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on a mixed Win Ubuntu Lan

2011-04-09 19:18:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula on a mixed Win Ubuntu Lan
From: acorn12 <acorn12 AT telus DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 15:15:18 -0800
On 08/04/2011 12:29 AM, Marcello Romani wrote:
Il 08/04/2011 02:33, acorn12 ha scritto:
I am trying to run bacula on a mixed LAN with some Win XP/Vista machines
and one Ubuntu 10.04 Server.
The server has the bacula 5.0.1 package installed, while on the Windows
XP machine I have bacula-win32-5.0.3.exe installed.

-----
As I am very new to bacula, I'm sure I am missing something, but have no
clue what or where to look.

Any hints or pointers are most welcome.

TIA
The Windows installer asks for the director name but doesn't set the
password correctly. Copy the password from XP-fd.conf to the bacula-dir.conf
Copying the password did not seem to make a difference.
As a test I've installed bacula 5.0.1  bacula-console-qt, bacula-console and bacula-common packages in a VMWare Ubuntu box on WinVista.
The director (also 5.0.1) runs on the machine 'geek', not on the local machine.

Calling up just bconsole I get only:
user@ubuntu:~$ sudo bconsole
Connecting to Director geek:9101
user@ubuntu:~$

user@ubuntu:~$ sudo bconsole -t
user@ubuntu:~$

Running BAT gives me the same error and behaves the same in every other way, first it does connect, but then fails with the same error message.

So it looks it is not really (or at least not only) a Windows problem!!!

bconsole.conf
-------------------
#
# Bacula User Agent (or Console) Configuration File
#
Director {
  Name = geek-dir
  DIRport = 9101
  address = geek
  Password = "yveAet993vzsWug3KoZUKjVbdZy0nrSqIqQCFH80rIVS"
}
bat.conf
#
# Bacula Administration Tool (bat) configuration file
#
--
Fight Spam - report it with wxSR
http://www.columbinehoney.net/wxSR.shtml