Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula on a mixed Win Ubuntu Lan

2011-04-07 20:36:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula on a mixed Win Ubuntu Lan
From: acorn12 <acorn12 AT telus DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 16:33:18 -0800
I am trying to run bacula on a mixed LAN with some Win XP/Vista machines
and one Ubuntu 10.04 Server.
The server has the bacula 5.0.1 package installed, while on the Windows
XP machine I have bacula-win32-5.0.3.exe installed.

After installing bacula on the XP machine, I copied the data from the
XP-fd.conf file to the Ubuntu machine bacula-director.conf file.
Next I start BAT on the XP machine, after a short delay, the status bar
says "connected to director', but then it tries to connect again and
after a much longer delay a dialog pops up saying "bat aborting due to
error in console/console.cpp:155 - Failed to connect to director for
populateLists."
I have searched thew GMANE list for the error, but did not have any luck
at all.

As far as I can tell the Ubuntu server is working well enough, though I
have concentrated more on the Windows machines, which are the ones I
really want to back up.

As I am very new to bacula, I'm sure I am missing something, but have no
clue what or where to look.

Any hints or pointers are most welcome.

TIA

--