Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Pools and Volumes

2011-04-06 10:50:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Pools and Volumes
From: Mike Hobbs <mhobbs AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:47:19 -0400
  I'm still on my quest to get bacula to write data to more than one
disk drive.. I have a 16-bay JBOD unit.  I was pointed to "vchanger" but
as bacula is a bit complicated already, I don't want to add a 3rd party
program into the mix as well (unless I have to).  I also have to believe
that bacula can write to more than one disk without this software package.

I started looking at pools.. I created two test pools and manually
created four volumes, one volume for each pool on each drive

testpool1_disk1
testpool2_disk1

testpool1_disk2
testpool2_disk2

I assigned jobs to each pool and then ran the jobs.   Bacula wrote to
the first volumes on disk1 without any issues.  When the volume filled
up, I assumed it would start writing data to the next volume on the
second drive, but it didn't, and bacula is prompting me to create more
volumes (I assume on disk1).

Could someone point me in the right direction as to what I can do to get
this to work or is this not possible the way I'm trying to get bacula to
write to multiple drives?

If you need to see any part of my config files, let me know.

Thank you,

mike