Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula not backing up catalogue

2010-12-17 09:05:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula not backing up catalogue
From: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:02:53 -0500
Please try to quote the original message so that we on the mailing list,
not on the forum, have some context.  Thanks.

On Fri, December 17, 2010 5:58 am, Telemat wrote:
> OK. I have run /etc/bacula/scripts/make_catalog_backup.pl MyCatalog from a
> command line, what exactly should I be looking for?

Do basic diagnostics:

* does it create the file /var/lib/bacula/bacula.sql?
* is the script runnable by bacula?

> You mention e-mail,
> how do I see this e-mail?

Your Messages resource in bacula-dir.conf will have an email address in
it. Perhaps it is going to root.  In most systems, by default, each job
creates an email.

> In /var/lib/bacula/ there is a file called bacula.sql, is this what the
> script dumps?

That's my guess, based on the FileSet provided in your configuration.

--
Dan Langille -- http://langille.org/