Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Migration tape to disk and AllowCompression sd usage

2010-12-16 07:43:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Migration tape to disk and AllowCompression sd usage
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:41:21 +0100
Hi All,

On a customer site, we need to "migrate" all the old sdlt tapes to disk base
media.

Everything is working actually between a temporary bacula-sd on which the sdlt
tape is connected,
and the disk based media.

All work well with the usage of bcopy

My question is about to get the new disk based media compressed, as actually we
are ending with non compressed media

I was thinking about the AllowCompression = yesno
But this apply only in director storage definition, and is not used by bcopy
(which mainly rely only on device)

Any "guru" ideas, how to get a final compressed stream ?

--

Bruno Friedmann (irc:tigerfoot)
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch