Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula not backing up catalogue

2010-12-16 06:28:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula not backing up catalogue
From: Telemat <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 06:25:40 -0500
Dan Langille wrote:
> On 12/13/2010 5:10 AM, Telemat wrote:
> Which is true?

If you bothered to read the first paragraph then you will see that I followed a
working setup on ClearOS which backs up the catalog to the same tape as the
main backup, but on the Ubuntu 10.04 server it doesn't backup the catalog at
all, but sits there asking for apendable media. Considering the data backup is
only around 4GB and the tapes are 24GB, I would have thought that there's be
plenty of space.

> That's really hard to read...

Why? Its a config file. Users who are familiar with config files should be able
to follow it.

> I see you are posting on
> backupcentral.com. I suggest not posting configuration files there.
> Instead, join the bacula users mailing list and post there.

I will, thank you.

> That way, the mailing list users will not be subjected to the HTML
> entities we see below.

I'm sorry. I won't darken your doorstep again.

> I don't expect anyone on the mailing list to read the config you sent.
> It's pretty hard to follow.

Really, this forum is all about asking for help. If you can't post config files
for others to see and follow, what's the point of this forum, just to chat
about issues?

I have been involved with open source and linux for the best part of 10 years
and the tone of your reply reminds me of all those trolls who frequent the
Gentoo and Debian forums telling newcomers to go away. Either help with the
issue or don't comment if your comment isn't constructive.

I'm not fiddling with a linux install at home, this is a live server and we are
having issues with the community version of bacula, if the config files are
hard to follow, then you really are reading the wrong forums.