Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Being spam by Bacula daemon

2010-12-08 13:41:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Being spam by Bacula daemon
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 20:36:47 +0200
"Raleigh Guevarra" <deathect AT yahoo DOT com> kirjoitti viestissä
news:535814.74589.qm AT web53006.mail.re2.yahoo DOT com...
> Hi there,
>
> I'm being spam by Bacula Daemon for over a week now every 3mins 24/7. I
> did checked several times my configurations and all are fine, Passwords
> are OK, dir can connect to all clients, Jobs all are being done OK.
>
> Below is the content of the email sent by Bacula daemon:
>
> 07-Dec 00:29 my-dir: ERROR in authenticate.c:304 UA Hello from
> client:10.10.10.2:36131 is invalid. Len=0
>
> * 10.10.10.2 = Bacula-Dir
>
> Anyone please help on this, thank you in advance.

So this seems to be the file daemon (why it is called "client", it doesn't
sound like "bacula language" to me) running on the same system where the
director is, since it's from the same ip?

Don't know any solution, but I suggest you would temporarily try shutting
down the file daemon from that system. If you still keep receiving these
errors, it could be some other (misconfigured?) service that tries to
connect to bacula's port.

--
TiN