Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Being spam by Bacula daemon

2010-12-08 14:34:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Being spam by Bacula daemon
From: Andrea Conti <alyf AT alyf DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:32:17 +0100
Hello,

> I'm being spam by Bacula Daemon for over a week now every 3mins 24/7.

> 07-Dec 00:29 my-dir: ERROR in authenticate.c:304 UA Hello from
> client:10.10.10.2:36131 is invalid. Len=0

Sounds to me like something (probably not even a bacula daemon) is
periodically opening a connection to the director's port and then
immediately closing it.

My first guess would be a misconfigured installation of some kind of
monitoring system (nagios?) checking to see if the director is alive.

If you are sure you have nothing like that installed, you can use
netstat -p to find out which process is opening the connection; that
should give you a starting point for further investigating the problem.

HTH,
Andrea