Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Being spam by Bacula daemon

2010-12-13 16:47:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Being spam by Bacula daemon
From: "John Stoffel" <john AT stoffel DOT org>
To: Raleigh Guevarra <deathect AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:45:32 -0500

Raleigh> I'm  being spam by Bacula Daemon for over a week now every 3mins 24/7.
I did
Raleigh> checked several times my configurations and all are fine, Passwords
are  OK, dir
Raleigh> can connect to all clients, Jobs all are being done OK.

Raleigh> Below is the content of the email sent by Bacula daemon:

Raleigh> 07-Dec 00:29 my-dir: ERROR in authenticate.c:304 UA Hello from
Raleigh> client:10.10.10.2:36131 is invalid. Len=0

Raleigh> * 10.10.10.2 = Bacula-Dir

I bet someone is running nmap or some of the port scanning tool
against your server.  I get this whenever I run 'nmap' at home to
check on open ports, and I do wish bacula would just ignore them or
log them without sending an email.

Now, have I bothered to look into my configuration to see what I could
do to stop these messages?  No... *grin*

John