Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] incremental larger than full?

2010-12-08 10:44:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] incremental larger than full?
From: pbdlists AT pinboard DOT com
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:41:31 +0100
Great, Martin!

I rewrote the config as per your suggestion. For the older clients I
also completely removed basejob and accurate options, for the newer
clients I had to remove the signature checking from basejob, accurate
and verify options and now finally the bytecount, number of files and
the names of the files being backed up in incremental and differential
mode make much more sense. With signature checking on, it would still
back up too many during the first incremental after a full backup, even
though for the second incremental things look better then. No idea why
that happens. It's the same with SHA1 checksums and with MD5 checksums.

Anyway, this is now a state I can live with.

Thanks a lot,

Kurt