Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula Project will Die

2010-11-06 00:00:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula Project will Die
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Heitor Medrado de Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 23:57:52 -0400
On 11/5/2010 9:08 AM, Heitor Medrado de Faria wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Each new Bacula Enterprise feature, like the: New GUI Configurator,
> makes me feel that Bacula project will die.
> It's very frustrating that a project that become a huge success being a
> free software, is being destroyed like that.
> I acknowledge that Kern and other developers had lots of development
> work on Bacula - and there is not huge contribution. But creating a paid
> fork is not the way of get compensation.

If you're not happy, you have two choices:

* contribute and change things
* use something else and leave us to continue

Your choice. Just stop bitching about it and do something.  We aren't
here to listen to trolls.  We've got work to do, and very few people
willing or able to do any lifting.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/