Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bscan did not update catalogue

2010-08-20 07:35:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bscan did not update catalogue
From: Dermot Beirne <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie>
To: smulcahy AT atlanticlinux DOT ie
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:31:52 +0100
Thanks both for responding,
Seems I was too impatient, as it must not have been fully finished
(even though bscan command had returned to a command prompt).  After
leaving it a few more hours i checked the jobid again, and this time
it was able to list the dir structure of the backup.

However, the required file wasn't there.  Appears it wasn't on the
machine during that backup.  We're now reverting to an old LTO1 backup
from our previous backup product.

Once i get the file back, I'll turn my attention to re-evaluating my
understanding of retention periods, etc, in bacula as this has been an
uncomfortable process so far, with concerns now over our backup
system.

I certainly don't think it's bacula, but, like any complex product,
it's very easy to get the config slightly wrong, with various
consequences, and there's a lot at stake.

I'll post some assumptions/questions once I'm complete, and would
appreciate confirmation of my understandings.

Thanks so much for assistance so far.

Dermot.