Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula rpm installation: sqlite vs. postgres

2010-08-20 07:55:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula rpm installation: sqlite vs. postgres
From: Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:53:07 +0200
Dear bacula users,

I just installed version 5.0.2 on a freshly OpenSuSE 11.3 system using the
following packages:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bacula/files/rpms/5.0.2/bacula-libs-5.0.2-1.su112.i586.rpm/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bacula/files/rpms/5.0.2/bacula-postgresql-5.0.2-1.su112.i586.rpm/download

Trying to start the director I get the following error:
20-Aug 13:46 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog
"MyCatalog", database "bacula".
20-Aug 13:46 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: sqlite.c:178 Database
/var/bacula/bacula.db does not exist, please create it.
20-Aug 13:46 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

Well, I still have a Catalog located in a postgres database. As I installed the
postgres-rpms ... why does the director try to open a sqlite database?

--
Kind regards
Christoph