Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bscan did not update catalogue

2010-08-19 06:45:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bscan did not update catalogue
From: stephen mulcahy <smulcahy AT atlanticlinux DOT ie>
To: Dermot Beirne <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:32:21 +0100
> When i run query, and choose option 12 , List Files for a selected
> JobId, it just reports "No results to list"
>
>     12: List Files for a selected JobId
>     13: List Jobs stored on a selected MediaId
>     14: List Jobs stored for a given Volume name
>     15: List Volumes Bacula thinks are in changer
>     16: List Volumes likely to need replacement from age or errors
> Choose a query (1-16): 12
> Enter JobId: 7445
> No results to list.
>
> Can anyone explain how i might get to be able to restore, or even view
> the files from that jobid 7445?

Hi Dermot,

AFAIK - since the File and Job data has been removed from your catalog,
even though the bscan was successful, you're only option is to restore
the entire job i.e. even after the bscan you won't have access to the
File data from the Job.

I'm not sure about the final output from bscan - whether it indicates an
error or not, it may be normal but perhaps someone else on the list can
clarify.

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy     Atlantic Linux         http://www.atlanticlinux.ie
Registered in Ireland, no. 376591 (144 Ros Caoin, Roscam, Galway)