Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Client in LAN, Server in the Internet

2010-08-15 06:14:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Client in LAN, Server in the Internet
From: "Markus Lanz" <hatori.hanzo AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:10:41 +0200
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:27:23 -0400
> Von: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
> An: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
> Betreff: Re: [Bacula-users] Client in LAN, Server in the Internet

> On 08/14/10 17:20, Markus Lanz wrote:
> > I don't know. Can openvpn really help in my case?? Remember, i cannot
> > open or even forward a port on the router where the clients are
> > hidden behind? Wouldn't i have to set up a site to site VPN from one
> > router to the other either, if i could access the router?
>
> Ahhh ...  if you can't open or forward ports on the firewall/router *AT
> ALL*, honestly, I think you're out of luck.  I don't see any way to do
> it.  You'll have to come up with another solution.
>
> Do you have sufficient local disk space on your server that you can have
> your clients run a cron job to rsync themselves to disk on the server,
> then back up the rsync'd images?

No i cannot rsync the stuff to another machine. But i was thinking about
reverse tunneling with ssh. It's like gotomypc or teamviewer etc. etc. they
also don't need an open port just a middle machine but this middle machine
would be no problem for me. Any ideas if it's worth to give reverse tunneling
with ssh a try or does anyone know for sure that it's not working?

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl