Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Client in LAN, Server in the Internet

2010-08-14 18:31:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Client in LAN, Server in the Internet
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:27:23 -0400
On 08/14/10 17:20, Markus Lanz wrote:
> I don't know. Can openvpn really help in my case?? Remember, i cannot
> open or even forward a port on the router where the clients are
> hidden behind? Wouldn't i have to set up a site to site VPN from one
> router to the other either, if i could access the router?

Ahhh ...  if you can't open or forward ports on the firewall/router *AT
ALL*, honestly, I think you're out of luck.  I don't see any way to do
it.  You'll have to come up with another solution.

Do you have sufficient local disk space on your server that you can have
your clients run a cron job to rsync themselves to disk on the server,
then back up the rsync'd images?

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.