Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Half-speed backup problem

2010-07-19 10:50:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Half-speed backup problem
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:47:25 +0100
I ran a full backup of a volume last week on Bacula v2.4.4 and I have
now upgraded to 5.0.2. I'm getting half the throughput last week as I am
now.

Last week's test volume was a 2.1TB xfs volume and it read/wrote on
average at 70MB/s. I am now backing up a 4.4TB ext3 volume and
bconsole's status client shows backup running at less than 30MB/s.
Hardware compression has been enabled in both cases.

Both volumes are RAID5 Coraid (ATA over Ethernet) devices. I'd be
grateful for any pointers for getting to the bottom of this.

Many thanks
Rory

--
Rory Campbell-Lange