Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Finding tape of file

2010-07-19 11:10:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Finding tape of file
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:06:27 +0100
As part of our intended audit process of a backup set we'd like to
extract a file from each tape from which a backup set is composed.

Is there a way of learning which tape holds a particular file (or
vice-versa)? I assume this is how retrievals work, but it isn't that
obvious in the database schema (I'm using Postgres):

\d File
       Column   |  Type
    ------------+---------
     fileid     | bigint   (Primary Key)
     fileindex  | integer  (File sequence number in job)
     jobid      | integer  (Link to Job Record)
     pathid     | integer  (Link to Path Record)
     filenameid | integer  (Link to Filename Record)
     markid     | integer  (Used to mark files during Verify Jobs)
     lstat      | text     (attributes in base64 encoding)
     md5        | text     (MD5 signature in base64 encoding)

I can get from File back to Filename and Path, and from File to Job. It isn't
clear how one gets from there to Media.

What is the SQL relationship from the File table to the Media table?

Cheers
Rory

(sorry for the large number of recent postings)

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
rory AT campbell-lange DOT net