Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup

2010-04-01 12:13:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 19:11:43 +0300
On 1.4.2010 18:23, Wes Hardaker wrote:

> JF> I'm not whining DVD support to current Bacula, but just saying that if
> JF> someone really wants it, there is the old 2.0.2 which just works. It
> JF> does not have all the bells and whistles, but it works with DVD media.
>
> I specifically downgraded for a while to 2.0.4 (I think) which still had
> working DVD support.
>
> The last time I was at a store and was staring at the external USB
> hard-disks while holding a stack of re-writable DVDs I noticed that for
> about twice the stack of DVDs I could buy an external hard drive that
> I could always have connected and not worry about changing disks.  I
> haven't looked back since.

I agree, in that if I would now make the decision, I would buy a large
hard disk. But I though DVD was OK to bacula, when I bought the set of
DVD's. I wanted a media that could be taken off site (I had used to a
DDS-2 streamer, but it died).

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time.  So long
as there is a regular progression of stimuli to get your mental hooks
into, there is room for lateral movement.  Once this begins, its rate is
a matter of discretion.
                -- Corwin, Prince of Amber