Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula: Implementation!

2010-02-02 05:45:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula: Implementation!
From: eugene ngontang <eugeneval2002 AT yahoo DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:42:46 +0000 (GMT)
Hi!

I'm a new in Bacula, and i'm willing to install the soft on my network.
I read the documentation, but for those who have an experience of bacula implementation, I want you to guide in this start up:

-I want to install the last version of bacula (5.0.0) on ubuntu 9.10

-I want to know if all the bacula componentS should be installed on the same machine

-Should that machine have several hard drive disks , or can I backup my files and data through the network on a different computer not obligately where bacula is installed?

-To get a clear response I will take a scenario: I have my computer where I want to install bacula(ubuntu 9.10); I have 5 computers(with windows xp) to set a dayly backup, I have two servers for the storage.

   So where do I install what to make my implementation sweet my needs? Which système is required for each of the others machines(the five clients and the two servers)?

-Is it an inconvenience for using postgress instead of mysql?

-Finally, can i send my messages to the mailing list in french?

  I thank you so much for your help, which will let me go ahead very fastly with my imlplementation.

Eugène NGONTANG