Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula: Implementation!

2010-02-02 06:45:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula: Implementation!
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: eugene ngontang <eugeneval2002 AT yahoo DOT fr>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:42:25 -0200
Em 2/2/2010 08:42, eugene ngontang escreveu:
I'm a new in Bacula, and i'm willing to install the soft on my network.
I read the documentation, but for those who have an experience of bacula implementation, I want you to guide in this start up:

-I want to install the last version of bacula (5.0.0) on ubuntu 9.10

-I want to know if all the bacula componentS should be installed on the same machine
I have some fast guides in www.bacula.com.br. They are in portuguese but you can use google translator to read the coments, since the comands are the same.

-Should that machine have several hard drive disks , or can I backup my files and data through the network on a different computer not obligately where bacula is installed?
Yes - you can import the volumes to the server or have just a bacula-sd installed on the machine that hard disks are.

-To get a clear response I will take a scenario: I have my computer where I want to install bacula(ubuntu 9.10); I have 5 computers(with windows xp) to set a dayly backup, I have two servers for the storage.

   So where do I install what to make my implementation sweet my needs? Which système is required for each of the others machines(the five clients and the two servers)?
You should have only one director and to storage daemons - one in each machine that you would use storage.

-Is it an inconvenience for using postgress instead of mysql?
Not at all.
-Finally, can i send my messages to the mailing list in french?
There is a french mailing list on source forge. Not this one.

Regards,

Heitor Faria
www.bacula.com.br