Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows client performance

2010-01-25 14:57:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows client performance
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:52:59 +0200
"mehma sarja" <mehmasarja AT gmail DOT com> kirjoitti viestissä
news:ec5d34681001250830h9cfb180naea17beb1a5444d0 AT mail.gmail DOT com...
> Timo,.
>
>Your test involved just 600 some MB of data which may not be a large or
>varied enough data set. There is data and then there is data. Millions of
>small email index files is harder on Bacula than thousands of large files.
>And you don't mentioned if or how you controlled for your network
>bandwidth - did you keep all traffic off it?
>
> I'd suggest you use a data set which is typical of your intended use and
> multiply it by a factor of 10 and keep bandwidth stable.

Network load definetely wasn't the reason here, hard to document it, but I
just know it. Also, the results were very repeatable when I run the same
test several times, this doesn't sound like a network load problem either.

But yes, I'll need to re-run the test with another type of data. A lot of
small files will cause plenty of overhead. I just didn't think it would be
that much overhead...

--
Timo