Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula and mysql password security

2010-01-25 14:56:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula and mysql password security
From: Andy Lamb <andylamb AT cgiss.boisestate DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:44:33 -0700 (MST)
Hi,
I'm new to bacula and would appreciate some advice on securing mysql with
bacula. I have installed bacula-3.0.3 on Centos 5.4 with MySQL and all
seems to be working well. My only concern is how to add password
protection to the mysql database and not cause any of the bacula scripts
to stop working. I have very little scripting or mysql experience so I
hope you can be patient with my questions. I was wondering if anyone knows
of a simple how to or can provide some steps that I can follow to add
passwords to both the root and bacula mysql users while still allowing
bacula to operate.
Thanks.