Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula and mysql password security

2010-01-27 13:28:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula and mysql password security
From: "Andy Lamb" <andylamb AT cgiss.boisestate DOT edu>
To: "'Joseph L. Casale'" <jcasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:25:49 -0700
Joseph
Thanks for looking over file. I will spend more time reading the manual as
you suggested. The configuration file was taken from the manual and for some
reason the pools that the manual defines (eg. Full-Pool, Inc-Pool and
Diff-Pool) are being used for the first job called JotBackupJob. You had
mentioned in your last email that it seemed they would not be used. When I
look at a listing of the disk where the backups are written to I can see the
following:
Jot.bsr
BackupCatalog.bsr
Default-0002
Full-0001
Inc-0003

It's not been running for more than a week so it's not written to the Diff-
pool yet but the Full- and Inc- pools are filling up with volumes.

Through the bconsole I can see that the catalog backups are being written to
the Default pool while the Full and Inc backups are being written to the
Full-**** and Inc-**** pools. For example, each time a new incremental
backup is made, the labeling of Inc-000* is incremented by 1.

So it seems the bacula-dir.conf file is doing what it is supposed to do. Of
course I may be misinterpreting everything but it does seem to be
functioning as I need it to.

Thanks again for your help.
Andy.