Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula and mysql password security

2010-01-26 18:01:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula and mysql password security
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:59:09 +0000
>I would really appreciate it if someone could look over the bacula-dir.conf
>file below which I took from the manual and modified. The manual example is
>in chapter 25 'Automated Disk Backup' however when I used this bacula
>returned an error about no default pool being defined. I therefore added
>this pool to the bacula-dir.conf file. It appears to be working well however
>if someone could take a quick look over it that would help put my mind to
>rest.

Default Pool is a name of a pool, misleading I suppose...

You have jobs that use it:

Job {
  Pool = Default
}

Ironically, you don't even have any jobs that reference the pools you did
create.
Probably by chance, you defined "Storage" in your job, as the "Default Pool" you
added lacks the definition where your manually created pools contain it.
Reading the
docs, you will see which overrides which. You're also not using the pools you
created
which I assume you mean to? Check your job defs...

Take a breath, read the docs, it's actually very light reading but given the
severity
of you getting it wrong, you stand to lose lots. After all, backing up
incorrectly
kind of defeats the purpose, yeah:)

That config is a smidge messy and its clear you don't yet know enough about the
directives for you to think you have a reliable setup. Go do some reading:)

hth,
jlc