Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] multiple copies

2009-07-28 23:25:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] multiple copies
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:21:04 -0400
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Kevin Keane<subscription AT kkeane DOT com>
wrote:
> Daniel De Marco wrote:
>> * Kevin Keane <subscription AT kkeane DOT com> [07/28/2009 21:51]:
>>
>>> I didn't follow this thread, but there is a simple solution to this
>>> problem. You can generate the actual content of the file set with a
>>> script, and call the same script from within both file sets in the
>>> bacula configuration file.
>>>

>> Thanks, but in this case then the fileset would be the same and it would
>> not solve the original problem. no?
>>
> As I said, I didn't follow the whole thread, so I don't really know what
> the whole goal was. What I saw was that apparently you wanted to have
> two separate file sets (with different names, obviously) that both
> contain the exact same files - and needed a way to maintain it that way.
> Basically, you would end up with two DIFFERENT filesets that just happen
> to be exactly identical to each other. If I misunderstood that, I
> apologize. Then my suggestion really isn't useful.

The goal was to allow an a local and off-site backups of the same
fileset to be independent. I remember that I did this in the past
(years ago) that this worked if you created 2 jobs that contained the
same fileset. Apparently in bacula 3.0.X this no longer works, so the
need was to now create 2 jobs and 2 filesets. But the OP did not want
the chance of the filesets to differ between the two jobs..

John