Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] multiple copies

2009-07-28 19:12:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] multiple copies
From: Daniel De Marco <ddm AT bartol.udel DOT edu>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:06:12 -0400
Julian & John,

* Fahrer, Julian <julian AT fahrer DOT net> [07/28/2009 17:14]:
>    Two filesets should also work if i understood u right.

* Mike Ruskai <thannyd AT earthlink DOT net> [07/28/2009 17:17]
> I'm pretty sure Bacula considers the file set the backup unit of
> relevance here.  Use two identical but differently-named FileSet
> definitions in the two jobs, and you should get what you want.

The problem with having two filesets is that then if I modify one of
them I would have to remember to modify the other one as well... And
this may seem trivial now, but if I will have to do the modification in
a year I'm sure I would forget :-)

>>From the manual,
>>http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/install/install/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION00630000000000000000
>> ,
it seems that a different Job name should be enough to keep the backups
separate. Indeed there's another weird thing happening: the first backup
of BK-dummy-offsite seems to be recognized as a different backup and the
Incremental gets updated to Full even if there is already a Full for
BK-dummy (and this is correct according to my interpretation of the
docs). The subsequent backups instead do Incrementals even from backups
of BK-dummy.

Thanks, Daniel.