Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] multiple copies

2009-07-28 21:53:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] multiple copies
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:48:44 -0700
Daniel De Marco wrote:
> Julian & John,
>
> * Fahrer, Julian <julian AT fahrer DOT net> [07/28/2009 17:14]:
>
>>    Two filesets should also work if i understood u right.
>>

> * Mike Ruskai <thannyd AT earthlink DOT net> [07/28/2009 17:17]
>
>> I'm pretty sure Bacula considers the file set the backup unit of
>> relevance here.  Use two identical but differently-named FileSet
>> definitions in the two jobs, and you should get what you want.
>>

> The problem with having two filesets is that then if I modify one of
> them I would have to remember to modify the other one as well... And
> this may seem trivial now, but if I will have to do the modification in
> a year I'm sure I would forget :-)

I didn't follow this thread, but there is a simple solution to this
problem. You can generate the actual content of the file set with a
script, and call the same script from within both file sets in the
bacula configuration file.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.