Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] multiple copies

2009-07-28 16:32:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] multiple copies
From: Daniel De Marco <ddm AT bartol.udel DOT edu>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:59:57 -0400
Hi,

I'm trying to use bacula to keep two independent sets of backups for
some particular machines. I have two storage daemons setup (one of them
offsite) so I can't use Migration or Copy Jobs.

My first try has been to setup a second set of jobs to do the backups to
the offsite location.
For example for client dummy I have the first job named "BK-dummy" and
a second one named "BK-dummy-offsite". The two job definitions use
different Storage and different Pools.
My understanding is that, since the Job names are different, bacula
would consider them independent, but what happens is that bacula seems
to consider both jobs as related in some way. For example if I start an
incremental backup for BK-dummy-offsite, bacula uses the last backup for
BK-dummy as reference point if that's the latest job for the client.
Is there a way to prevent this? One possibility would be to have two
different Client definitions, but there must be a better solution...

Thanks, Daniel.