Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie alert: History, Backing up to File(s)

2009-07-28 04:51:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie alert: History, Backing up to File(s)
From: Toni Mueller <support AT oeko DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:40:17 +0200
Hi,

On Sat, 25.07.2009 at 18:52:08 +0300, Timo Neuvonen <timo-news AT tee-en DOT
net> wrote:
> First, there is some very limited job history in the .state files. Is it
> possible the old information comes from the .state files of the spesific
> clients, did you delete them also, in addition to the .state files of the
> server?

I don't know where to find those client's state files, but the
experiment in question comprised only one server and the same machine
as the only client. According to the package manager, they should have
shared the same directory for state information. In that case... yes, I
deleted those files as well.

> also a Debian based system, and because of the re-install of Bacula had
> accidentally been made to use different database engine (SQlite vs. MySQL)

This is not applicable to my situation. I use PostgreSQL exclusively,
if possible. Bacula has the ability to use PostgreSQL, so I don't use
any of the other options. I also don't even have the sqlite-backend
version of Bacula programs installed.

> How did you delete the database? Did you use the drop_bacula_database
> script, or did you delete it manually?

I purged the packages ("dpkg --purge ..."), and I also went and deleted
the database manually, like so:

# psql template1
template1# drop database bacula;

That should have done it, imho.

> catalog information. If the drop script really does not work for some
> reason, I think then you need to report a bug (obviously to the Debian
> packagers, not to the Bacula bug tracking system)

Once I determined the exact problem and cause, I'll take appropriate
measures.

Thank you for your ideas!

Kind regards,
--Toni++