Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backuping 2000+ host with bacula?

2009-07-17 05:13:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backuping 2000+ host with bacula?
From: Petar Bogdanovic <petar AT smokva DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:08:59 +0200
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 01:43:38AM -0700, mradczuk wrote:

> Petar Bogdanovic-6 wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 08:48:03AM -0700, mradczuk wrote:
> >>
> >> I can't use multiple Device definition because of restore problems.
> >> That is why I will use more bacula-sd processes on one machine. This
> >> give me more jobs doing at the same time. I'm worried of DB
> >> performance now.
> >
> > How about multiple (remote-)catalogs?
>
> How to do that? I can't find any suggestions on bacula documentation.

        The Catalog Resource

        The Catalog Resource defines what catalog to use for the current
        job.  Currently, Bacula can only handle a single database server
        (SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL) that is defined when configuring
        Bacula. However, there may be as many Catalogs (databases)
        defined as you wish. For example, you may want each Client to
        have its own Catalog database, or you may want backup jobs to
        use one database and verify or restore jobs to use another
        database.

http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0014160000000000000000

   Petar Bogdanovic