Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backuping 2000+ host with bacula?

2009-07-16 11:46:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backuping 2000+ host with bacula?
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:40:26 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying use bacula more than a month. I have more than 2000 hosts to
> backup. We want to do everyday backup. One Full backup per month and
> Incrementals every other day. Now I have 10 bacula-sd and one bacula-dir
> and I was add only 300 hosts to schedule. I automated hosts add to
> bacula-dir, and I have one config file per host. Every host have his own
> Job, Pool and Fileset in his config. Problem is that bacula can do one
> backup per bacula-sd. I use Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 900 but I have one
> Pool per host and bacula can't run another job on bacula-sd if other job
> is running. Is that mean that I must do one pool per sd?

The concurrency in the sd is limited by the number of Device entries, because
each device can only load one volume at a time.

Therefore you can use more than one pool concurrenly per sd if you define more
than one Device in the sd config.  Each device should have its own Media Type,
which is used for the volumes in the pool.

See
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Basic_Volume_Management.html#SECTION002650000000000000000

__Martin