Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backuping 2000+ host with bacula?

2009-07-16 06:29:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backuping 2000+ host with bacula?
From: Marcin Radczuk <m.radczuk AT gadu-gadu DOT pl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:09:32 +0200
Hi,

I'm trying use bacula more than a month. I have more than 2000 hosts to
backup. We want to do everyday backup. One Full backup per month and
Incrementals every other day. Now I have 10 bacula-sd and one bacula-dir
and I was add only 300 hosts to schedule. I automated hosts add to
bacula-dir, and I have one config file per host. Every host have his own
Job, Pool and Fileset in his config. Problem is that bacula can do one
backup per bacula-sd. I use Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 900 but I have one
Pool per host and bacula can't run another job on bacula-sd if other job
is running. Is that mean that I must do one pool per sd? We use Linux
machine (Debian Eatch/Lenny) on SD, FD and DIR. How can I boost bacula
performance?

Best Regards

--
Marcin Radczuk