Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Is it a good idea to use bacula if I rarely have network connection?

2009-05-23 13:45:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Is it a good idea to use bacula if I rarely have network connection?
From: Zhengquan Zhang <zhang.zhengquan AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 12:39:35 -0500
Hello,
I have already deployed bacula to back up a few servers in a lab
environment. Now I wonder if I can do it on my laptop.

Most of the time I use the laptop at home where I have not network
connection. But occasionally I will bring it to the campus where I can
access the university wireless.

I plan to install bacula-dir, sd, and fd all on my laptop and make my
backup job run hourly. and if I had the chance to connect to wireless
network. I will manually run a job which connects to the storage daemon
on a server in the lab.

My question is is it a good idea to do so, or if there is better
solutions for my situation?

Thanks for any insights and ideas.

--
Zhengquan