Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] run full backup in bconsole but it runs incremental after one full?

2009-05-22 14:17:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] run full backup in bconsole but it runs incremental after one full?
From: John Lockard <jlockard AT umich DOT edu>
To: Zhengquan Zhang <zhang.zhengquan AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:12:13 -0400
When you run a job by hand the schedule isn't involved.
Either way, for your "Schedule" entry you need "Level="
before the work "Full".

 Schedule {
   Name = "test"
   Run = Level=Full at 11:50
 }

But, your problem is that your Job doesn't have a Default
Level defined.  You'll need something like this:

 Job {
   Name = "job_backup1"
   Type = Backup
   Level = Full
   .
   .
 }

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:48:07AM -0500, Zhengquan Zhang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The first time I run the job it runs full well, but I tried to run it
> more times, it will run incremental automatically. Could anyone help me
> understand this? I am learning bacula and please forgive me for this easy
> question.
>
> *run
> A job name must be specified.
> Automatically selected Job: job_backup1
> Run Backup job
> JobName:  job_backup1
> Level:    Incremental
> Client:   client_backup1
> FileSet:  fileset_backup1
> Pool:     Default (From Job resource)
> Storage:  storage_backup1 (From Job resource)
> When:     2009-05-22 11:49:34
> OK to run? (yes/mod/no):
>
> the schedule section is listed below;
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "test"
>   Run = Full at 11:50
> }
>
> attached is bacula-dir.conf
>
> #
> # Default Bacula Director Configuration file
> #
> #  The only thing that MUST be changed is to add one or more
> #   file or directory names in the Include directive of the
> #   FileSet resource.
> #
> #  For Bacula release 2.4.4 (28 December 2008) -- debian lenny/sid
> #
> #  You might also want to change the default email address
> #   from root to your address.  See the "mail" and "operator"
> #   directives in the Messages resource.
> #
>
> Director {                            # define myself
>   Name = director_backup1
>   DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
>   QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
>   WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
>   PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
>   Password = "CLEANED"         # Console password
>   Messages = Daemon
>   DirAddress = 127.0.0.1
> }
>
> Job {
>   Name = "job_backup1"
>   Type = Backup
>   Client = client_backup1
>   FileSet = "fileset_backup1"
>   Pool = Default
>   Schedule = "test"
>   Full Backup Pool = pool_backup1_full
>   Differential Backup Pool = pool_backup1_diff
>   Incremental Backup Pool = pool_backup1_inc
>   Messages = Standard
>   Storage = storage_backup1
>   Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/job_backup1.bsr"
>   Priority = 10
> }
>

> # List of files to be backed up
> FileSet {
>   Name = "fileset_backup1"
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       signature = MD5
>     }
>     File = /etc
> [...]

"Ummm, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Nixon and Comet, Cupid,
 Donna Dixon?" - Homer Simpson
         John M. Lockard |  U of Michigan - School of Information
 Unix and Security Admin |      1214 SI North - 1075 Beal Ave.
      jlockard AT umich DOT edu |        Ann Arbor, MI  48109-2112
 www.umich.edu/~jlockard |     734-615-8776 | 734-647-8045 FAX