Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] run full backup in bconsole but it runs incremental after one full?

2009-05-27 10:47:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] run full backup in bconsole but it runs incremental after one full?
From: John Lockard <jlockard AT umich DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 10:41:09 -0400
On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 12:23:32PM -0500, Zhengquan Zhang wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 02:21:26PM -0400, John Lockard wrote:
> > Also, when you post your configs, it would be a really good idea
> > to remove password and account information.
>
> Thanks John, Can anyone use the passwords to connect to my bacula right?
> Because I already specified the clients in the bacula-dir.conf file.

It's always a good idea to not give the keys to your house to
someone you don't know.  In this case, with the information you
gave it would be possible for someone to take control of your
director (depending on your firewall settings), which may not
have given them access to your files, but they could make your
backups disappear, or issue a restore of files from one server
to another, or restore files from a much older backup, wiping
out newer files.

-John

--
"The reptiles and I, the reptiles and I.
 All things to everyone, the reptiles and I." - Shriekback