Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] run full backup in bconsole but it runs incremental after one full?

2009-05-22 12:54:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] run full backup in bconsole but it runs incremental after one full?
From: Zhengquan Zhang <zhang.zhengquan AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 11:48:07 -0500
Hello,

The first time I run the job it runs full well, but I tried to run it
more times, it will run incremental automatically. Could anyone help me
understand this? I am learning bacula and please forgive me for this easy
question.

*run
A job name must be specified.
Automatically selected Job: job_backup1
Run Backup job
JobName:  job_backup1
Level:    Incremental
Client:   client_backup1
FileSet:  fileset_backup1
Pool:     Default (From Job resource)
Storage:  storage_backup1 (From Job resource)
When:     2009-05-22 11:49:34
OK to run? (yes/mod/no):

the schedule section is listed below;

Schedule {
  Name = "test"
  Run = Full at 11:50
}

attached is bacula-dir.conf

#
# Default Bacula Director Configuration file
#
#  The only thing that MUST be changed is to add one or more
#   file or directory names in the Include directive of the
#   FileSet resource.
#
#  For Bacula release 2.4.4 (28 December 2008) -- debian lenny/sid
#
#  You might also want to change the default email address
#   from root to your address.  See the "mail" and "operator"
#   directives in the Messages resource.
#

Director {                            # define myself
  Name = director_backup1
  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Password = "rF62q2AmEh16ecBbeV3lTs74t3u0AYx33"         # Console password
  Messages = Daemon
  DirAddress = 127.0.0.1
}

Job {
  Name = "job_backup1"
  Type = Backup
  Client = client_backup1
  FileSet = "fileset_backup1"
  Pool = Default
  Schedule = "test"
  Full Backup Pool = pool_backup1_full
  Differential Backup Pool = pool_backup1_diff
  Incremental Backup Pool = pool_backup1_inc
  Messages = Standard
  Storage = storage_backup1
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/job_backup1.bsr"
  Priority = 10
}

# List of files to be backed up
FileSet {
  Name = "fileset_backup1"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = /etc
    File = /home/zhengquan
    File = /var
  }
  Exclude {
    File = /proc
    File = /tmp
    File = /.journal
    File = /.fsck
  }
}

#test schedule
Schedule {
  Name = "test"
  Run = Full at 11:50
}

# backup1, the backup server itself
Client {
  Name = client_backup1
  Address = backup1
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "eGZTerS3s5Wdye3uO0k3ejoKALchE2QXCQ5"          # password for
FileDaemon
  File Retention = 60 days            # 60 days
  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

# Definition of file storage device
Storage {
  Name = storage_backup1
  Address = backup1                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "8GGBGvyuXppCgc3YxoPe5nDiX5yYhKIO22gmITaKg"
  Device = device_backup1
  Media Type = File
}

# Generic catalog service
Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
  dbname = "bacula"; dbuser = "bacula"; dbpassword = "bacula"
}

# Reasonable message delivery -- send most everything to email address
#  and to the console
Messages {
  Name = Standard
  mailcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s
\"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
  operatorcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\)
\<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
  mail = zhang.zhengquan AT gmail DOT com = all, !skipped
  operator = zhang.zhengquan AT gmail DOT com = mount
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
#
# WARNING! the following will create a file that you must cycle from
#          time to time as it will grow indefinitely. However, it will
#          also keep all your messages if they scroll off the console.
#
  append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
}

#
# Message delivery for daemon messages (no job).
Messages {
  Name = Daemon
  mailcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s
\"Bacula daemon message\" %r"
  mail = zhang.zhengquan AT gmail DOT com = all, !skipped
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
  append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
}

Pool {
   Name = pool_backup1_full
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 6 months
   Label Format = backup1_full_
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 500M
}

Pool {
   Name = pool_backup1_diff
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   # default 1 year
   Volume Retention = 30d
   Label Format = backup1_diff_
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 500M
}

Pool {
   Name = pool_backup1_inc
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   # default 1 year
   Volume Retention = 7d
   Maximum Volumes = 7
   Label Format = backup1_inc_
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 100M
}

# Default pool definition
Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 365 days         # one year
}

# Scratch pool definition
Pool {
  Name = Scratch
  Pool Type = Backup
}

#
# Restricted console used by tray-monitor to get the status of the director
#
Console {
  Name = backup1-mon
  Password = "WwS7vZxewVDH7AwG3xaI5SjglCh4hb4tB"
  CommandACL = status, .status
}

--
Zhengquan