Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restoring from tapes notin library

2009-05-14 16:12:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restoring from tapes notin library
From: Christopher Dick <jcdick1 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:04:33 -0700 (PDT)
I have a restore job I need to do, but the volumes with the data are not
currently in the library.  As I have only one mail slot, it will probably need
to be done in two steps.  The drive currently has the last used appendable
volume mounted.

Do I need to release the storage and update slots to get Bacula to successfully
utilize the mailslot to access the first volume, or can I just stick the tape
in the mailslot and tell it to update to run the restore job?  And then, I am
hoping it will read from the mailslot, and return the volume to the mailslot,
allowing me to pull it out and replace it with the next volume needed.  Is this
all a correct assumption?  Do I at least have the right idea?

Thanks!

Chris