Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] VSS snapshot errors

2009-05-13 00:47:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] VSS snapshot errors
From: Ivan Adzhubey <iadzhubey AT rics.bwh.harvard DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:41:44 -0400
Hi,

I have a recently installed v2.4.5 client on a fresh WinXP SP3 system and
getting these errors in the director's log:

11-May 19:56 kiff-fd JobId 24679: Generate VSS snapshots. Driver="VSS WinXP",
Drive(s)="CD"
11-May 19:56 kiff-fd JobId 24679: Warning: Generate VSS snapshot of drive "c:\"
failed. VSS support is disabled on this drive.
11-May 19:56 kiff-fd JobId 24679: Warning: Generate VSS snapshot of drive "d:\"
failed. VSS support is disabled on this drive.

VSS support have been working fine for several other WinXP computers we have
here and I've never seen this error before. That said, this is the only box
with the Bacula 2.4.5/WinXP SP3 combination. Did anyone else encountered this
error?

--Ivan