Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula upgrade path

2009-05-13 00:55:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula upgrade path
From: Ivan Adzhubey <iadzhubey AT rics.bwh.harvard DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:50:52 -0400
Hi,

I have a rather old version of director/SD running on one of our backup
servers: Version: 2.2.4 (14 September 2007) i686-pc-linux-gnu debian 4.0
I would like to upgrade to 2.4.4 but not sure how to proceed. The original
version was built from sources, 2.4.4 comes as part of Ubuntu Server 9.04 so I
would prefer to install proper packages from Ubuntu repositories. Will the
Ubuntu (Debian) packages take care of all the necessary database upgrades,
etc? Or should I step through the upgrade scripts manually before installing
new version packages?

Thanks,
Ivan